Mango Sago Pudding
Time: 1 hr 20 min
1. Soak sago in water (till immersing level) for 15 min.
2. Remove the water and rinse the sago to remove excess starch.
3. Bring enough water to cover the sago (about 1 cup) to the boil and add the sago. Cook until it gets transparent and soft (about 10 minutes). Remember to keep stirring as it has a tendency to stick to the bottom.Then remove from heat and leave to stand for 10 min.
4. Drain the sago in a sieve and rinse with cold running water. Rest the sieve in a blow of water so sago covered and put to the side until ready to use.
5. In a mixer add mangoes, sugar, 1/4 cup milk and blend into a smooth paste.
6. In a mixing bowl add remaining 1/2 cup milk and mango pulp and mix well until there are no lumps.
7. Add the condensed milk and mix well with a whisk. Then add the cooked sago a little at a time and mix well.
8. Stir in 3/4 of chopped mango and put the mixture in the fridge to cool for at least 1 hr.
Serve garnished with remaining chopped mango
Recipe Tester Notes: beautiful flavour that would also work well with pawpaw replacing the mango. We think it was best served with some delicious vanilla ice cream.